Anti-inflammatory pumpkin soup recipe
I love the simplicity of this delicious soup & doesn’t disappoint on taste or health benefits. Full of all immunity boosting goodies (garlic, ginger, turmeric) this soup will keep you warm & cosy whilst protecting you from all those wintery germs. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
✅Vegan & gluten-free
– 600 grams pumpkin (peeled & chopped in 2 cm pieces)
– 2 carrots (peeled & chopped in 2 cm pieces)
– 1 tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil
– 1 onion (diced) – 3 cloves of garlic (crushed) – 2 cm piece of ginger (grated) – 1.5 tsp of turmeric or curry powder – 1.5 cups of vegetable stock
– 1 can of coconut milk (400ml) – salt & pepper to taste
– lots of love (most import ingredient!)
1. In a large saucepan sauté onions, garlic & ginger in coconut oil. Add turmeric and fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Add pumpkin, carrots, vegetable stock, coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 -20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
3. Blitz with in blender or using a handstick blender (be careful of hot splashes) until the soup reaches a creamy consistency with no lumps. Add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Now time to enjoy!
I would love to hear your favourite soup recipes.
XO Jacqui 😘